Bordeaux Wine Month
About Bordeaux Wine Month
Celebrate the diversity of Bordeaux Wines this September by taking part in Bordeaux Wine Month.
Now in its sixth year, with a proven track-record of boosting sales, Bordeaux Wine Month is a key part of the drive of Bordeaux Wines UK to support the wine trade and is a great way to engage with customers old and new, particularly in times marred by uncertainty.
- It’s free to take part – in fact, we’ve just increased our participation payment to £250 per store!
- You’ll be provided with a comprehensive merchandising pack (to a value of £100) to decorate your store, educate your customers and use as rewards or prizes in competition. NEW this year – the power is in your hands, to select which merchandise is most useful to YOU.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube? Our digital toolbox is bursting with assets to help you promote your wines online
- Boost your sales – on average each store in 2022 reported over £1700 of additional Bordeaux wines sales during their promotion
- You’ll be in with a chance to win a trip to Bordeaux, or four £250 cash prizes to go towards new Bordeaux listings
- Applications are only open to UK independent wine merchants – if you have multiple stores please ensure you register each one to receive multiple POS packs and payments
Bordeaux Wine Month is the perfect opportunity to increase interest in Bordeaux, boost your profits, and importantly have some fun during the summer. There really is nothing to lose and a lot to gain, so perhaps it’s unsurprising that 100% of last year’s participating merchants are keen to be involved again this year.
Please note registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. For the last three years we have had to close registrations early due to high interest, so please remember to register early.
What are you waiting for…?
To take part in Bordeaux Wine Month 2023, all you need to do is run a high-visibility promotion featuring Bordeaux wines in-store (and online as appropriate), using the visibility pack that we’ll provide you with and ensuring that the following criteria are met:
- Hold a minimum of 3 tastings in your store, over at least two weeks during September
- Ensure consumers have the opportunity to taste at least 4 Bordeaux wines, one of which is a dry white (ideally priced between £6 and £30)
- Host a minimum of 60 participants across your tastings
Please note if you have more than one store, you’ll need to register them independently to receive separate merchandise packs and payments for each store (you’ll be given the option to register multiple stores within the application).
How we'll support you
We’ll pay you £250 for your participation, provided you give us adequate feedback.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive POS visibility pack to help educate and reward your consumers – which will include items such as maps, posters, bottle bags, pens, aprons, tissue paper, corkscrews and more, to support your in-store campaign. NEW in 2023, in order to reduce our impact on the environment, we are giving you the opportunity to select which items you’d like to receive – these can be selected within the registration form up to a value of £100 per outlet!
We’ll also share a toolbox of digital assets including logos, banners, GIFs and images so that you can customise your website, newsletters and social media channels.
Taking inspiration from effective campaigns over the last 4 years, we’ll give you ideas on how to promote your shop’s promotion offline and online, encourage new customers in-store, and how to use the digital toolbox and promotional materials successfully.
Social Media Support
And finally, don’t forget to tag us @BordeauxWinesUK and #BordeauxWineMonth on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so that we can promote your involvement too.
In order to receive payment of £250 for your participation, and be in with a chance to win one of the prizes below, we will require the following information from you:
- Completion of a short evaluation form stating number of attendees, consumer feedback, changes in perception etc
- A minimum of 5 images of your promotion; including Bordeaux merchandise in situ, customers participating in a tasting (if applicable), and a display of Bordeaux wines
Best Independent Merchant Campaign x 5
- 1st: Win an exciting 3 day trip to meet some of the winemakers and discover the wines of Bordeaux in 2024
- 2nd: 4 x cash prizes of £250 towards new Bordeaux listings
nb The winner will be selected by the CIVB based on the most innovative approach to this year’s promotion, whilst taking into account the use of social media, newsletters, digital assets, merchandise displays and promotional activities.
- Sunday 16th July: Deadline to register your interest for participation
- Early August: We’ll be in touch to confirm your involvement and to share further details about the campaign
- September: Bordeaux Wine Month – merchants across the UK will be working alongside you to promote Bordeaux, with masterclasses, food-pairing dinners, virtual training, in-store tastings and more. Bordeaux Wines’ dedicated social media team will be ready to support you at every step to help promote your involvement
- October: On receipt of images and a short evaluation form, we’ll issue payments and announce winners for Bordeaux Wine Month’s prizes!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST & SUPPORT IN THIS YEARS CAMPAIGN. UNFORTUNATELY IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP, WE HAVE HAD TO CLOSE REGISTRATIONS FOR 2023 EARLY DUE TO OVERSUBSCRIPTION.
If you encounter any problems with the registration links, or you have a question that hasn’t been answered above, please contact us at [email protected] or ring 020 8401 5501